Sunday, June 28, 2009

AMBER: Finally meeting an old friend

amber

(Amber and Svenja have been internet penpals for 4 years.  She finally got to meet her)

I am currently spending the weekend with my German friend, Svenja, in a small small town outside of Fulda.  I am staying with her and her boyfriend, her parents, her brother and his girlfriend.  It is really cool to be with a German family for an entire weekend.  I am seeing how they live and what kinds of things they do.
    The houses here are so so different than American houses.  All of the rooms are separated, and not open as it is in America.  The structures are different, too.  I find it really cool!  The neighborhood she lives in is small, cute and well, German looking.  When I look out her window I see a bunch of little white houses, with red tile roofs, with fields all around and a mountains ever so close.  The view is like something I have never seen in America.  Svenja has lived in this house her entire life so it is nothing new to her, but I tell her it is so cool to me.  All of this is very new to me. 
    The food that was made for dinner was basically the same thing!  Bread, meat and jellies.  The only difference is they eat more for dinner, and what you drink is different.  Besides that, it was the same.  Very interesting to me.
    Germans scare me to death with their driving!!  All of them!!  I have ridden with Svenja, her dad, and her brother.  They all drive so fast, drive in the wrong lane, pass people on curves, tailgate and you name it!  I feel like i am going to die!  When I ride with them I just go to my happy place and wait until we get to where we are going!  Apparently the accident rate is lower in Germany than in America.  I do not understand this!   
    Last night all of us except for her parents played Nitendo Wii!  Today, we all went shopping and were going to go swimming if the weather was not rainy.  My point to this is that so many things are different in Germany but many many things are similar, too.  We all hang out and do basically the same things as American young people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment