Monday, June 22, 2009

ANDREW: Magdeburg—My kind of town

I like Magdeburg much better than Berlin.  Some of the people liked the busy city, and how much stuff there was to do there, but it was a little too busy for me.  Magdeburg has enough to do without having to worry about crazy drunks and beggars.  This is a cute little town.  everything here is within walking distance, and if it isn't, then it has a train system just like Berlin had, only simpler.  There are 2 shopping centers with all kinds of food and stores to choose from.

Magdeburg 2009 352

There are also a few parks around here.  I haven’t had the time yet to go and enjoy the parks yet, but then again the weather hasn't been the greatest either.  I would like to just sit in the park with my puzzle book for a few hours. The school here is nice too.  The campus is small enough to navigate without any trouble, and there is alot of green here.  I could compare this place to a smaller version of Greenville.  The main difference is that everything is within walking distance. 

I was kind of disappointed to find out that we are the only school in the program.  I was looking forward to meeting new people.  Not that the ones I’m with are bad, its just easy to get sick of 7 people in a month.  Oh well, I’m here now and I’m gonna have to make do.

No comments:

Post a Comment