Friday, June 26, 2009

JENNIFER: 13 miles in 6 hours

Well there are other blogs about this but today my blog is going to be about our lovely experience in Potsdam. Well first off let me just say that I personally would like to kill Herr Coffman for this one! I am a very short person so its rather difficult to find bikes and are a good size for me, so when we arrived at our bike rental place they had to give me one of the smallest bikes that they had which was still a little too high seeing as i could only touch my tippy toes to the ground whenever I tried to straddle the bike. Let me just say this for all of my family and friends who are reading this and smiling waiting for me to say this one little line.... I DID NOT FALL OFF OF MY BIKE!!!! I got on that thing and rode it like a champ.... ok well not really .... I was always really wobbly starting off but hey I didn’t fall!

Magdeburg 2009 089

We rode down this one really nice neighborhood which houses that cost more than my whole entire neighborhood is worth but really they weren’t that pretty. We rode all over, seeing various sights and got historical insight into them by our lovely tour guide who's name escapes me at the moment but he was extremely nice and funny! As Kel said in one of her blogs about Potsdam the bicycle seats where not made for humans! By the end of the tour I was most definitely walking bow legged through Berlin..... what a sight. And there was also more than one occasion where I literally thought that I wasn’t going to make it, and I was going to have to stop and get left behind but my tiny little legs kept on trucking and didn’t poop out on me thank God!  We stopped at one little bakery in the center of Potsdam and got some water, which turned out to be a nice little lesson in how grumpy some German old men can be when people don’t move their bikes out of the way quick enough... although our tour guide did thank him for his kind friendship....it was a wonderful example of sarcasm. Then when we all looked like we might pass out or even die  at that point from exhaustion our tour guide took us to this nice little hole in the wall restaurant that served Russian and German food which was absolutely fantastic!

Magdeburg 2009 130

After we had recharged as we like to call it we went on our merry little way, finally heading back to the bike rental shop which took oh say another 45 minutes to an hour. All in all I believe that Herr Coffman and our tour guide said that we had rode 13 miles over a 6 hour period..... that is why we will now go back to my second statement about killing Herr Coffman.... can you see why I would want to now. Although I never could do that to him , because like he told us in the train station heading back to Berlin its just one of those things that are better remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment